Community and partnership
Our targeted impact from creating an interdisciplinary network of faculty partners is to create effective and trusted partnerships across the campus to leverage the broader Virginia Tech Capacity for innovation in agriculture. By building this network, we will attract industry partners, further enhance Virginia Tech's intellectual properties portfolio and research funding, and position Virginia Tech as one of the leading universities for innovation in agriculture and life sciences.
Faculty in CAIA have research partnerships within:
- College of Natural Resources and Environment
- Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
- College of Engineering
- College of Science
- Pamplin College of Business
- Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology
- Fralin Life Sciences Institute
- Institute for Critical Technology and Applied Science
- Institute for Society, Culture and Environment
Faculty interested in Center affiliation should contact the Center Director (Dr. Susan Duncan) to discuss expectations and benefits of affiliate status. The Center will also contribute to developing skills of early career faculty who are aligned with CAIA goals.