Education and training
caia faculty fellow for education + training
“While I have much to learn about cyberbiosecurity, data analytics, and SmartFarm innovations, I am excited about the potential to apply my interest and expertise with team science, including education and training.”
join our student group!
GRADUATE Student affiliate (gsa) group
This group provides a common space for graduate students to learn, brainstorm, and grow as students and professionals in their own research areas as related to the modern world of agriculture while networking with faculty and students across CALS.
CAIA-GSA members are provided with research and development opportunities through CAIA communications and CAIA-GSA insights across departments.
Goals for our education + training platform
Rise to land-grant university preeminence for graduate interdisciplinary research training for agricultural and food systems at the nexus of life science, digital and physical sciences.
Be a premier workforce cross-training resource for agriculture and life sciences technology applications and development.
- Recognized as a premier university for educating students in agricultural innovation and technology
- Students showcase talents in integrated data analytics and technology skills applicable across the agriculture and food system
- Graduates are highly recruited for academic, corporate, and public service positions
- Alumni rise to national prominence in leadership and academic and corporate research and management
- Recognized as a pipeline for Virginia’s agriculture and food systems technology workforce, assisting through practical training in relevant topic areas and technical skills.
STORIES OF IMPACT
CAIA Lightning talk: north american colleges and teachers of agriculture (nacta) recap
Hosted by Dr. Eric Kaufman on August 11, 2022
Funding opportunities & programs
Follow the link below to view CAIA-Sponsored and CAIA-Related opportunities and programs