CAIA Graduate Student Affiliate Group
Our Leadership Team for 2022-2023
Bio ItemRebekah Miller , bio
Being a CAIA member provides me with multidisciplinary networking, research, learning, and professional opportunities I would not have access to otherwise.
Bio ItemDavid Smilknak , bio
CAIA is a interdisciplinary group looking at how their research interacts with one another for the benefit of agriculture. Being a part of that conversation is exciting, challenging, and rewarding.
Bio ItemSabrina Amorim , bio
I believe that being part of CAIA will allow me to become a leader in precision agriculture, and not only help farmers in the US but also inspire young leaders in other countries.
Bio ItemBarbara Roqueto dos Reis , bio
I feel glad to be part of CAIA community and contribute, along with my peers, to leverage science and education to our community and improve sustainability in agriculture and food science.
Social Outreach Coordinator
Bio ItemDhiraj Srivastava , bio
Being a member of the CAIA community to me is a sense of belonging amongst like-minded people working towards a common goal of making the lives of agricultural people better. A community of a group of people that care about one another to create a system of love and support for one another.
Bio ItemJordan Allen , bio
Being a member of CAIA means being able to connect with a community of like-minded individuals looking to enhance our agricultural processes in unique ways. It also means fostering ideas that can benefit something way bigger than ourselves. I think CAIA could bring real change to our world as a whole because agriculture is a language that we all speak around the world.
We are an official VT Student Organization!
The CAIA Graduate Student Affiliates are looking to grow! This is a newly formed group looking to operate within CAIA while interacting with students across different departments and research focuses. If you are a graduate student with research or learning interests that fall within CAIA's focus and want to become involved with the Graduate Student Affiliates, sign up below.
We look forward to continued growth as a multidisciplinary group of young professionals!
- Unius Arinaitwe, School of Plant and Environmental Sciences
- Roja Kaveh Garna, Biological Systems Engineering
- Samson Adeoye, Agricultural, Leadership, and Community Education
- Camryn Cook, Food Science and Technology
- Nicole Nunoo, Agricultural Leadership, and Community Education
- Jama Coartney, Agricultural Leadership, and Community Education
- Claire Murphy, Food Science and Technology
- Shannon Bradley, Entomology
- Ye Bi, School of Animal Sciences
- Rebekah Miller, Food Science and Technology
- Lisa McCormick, Agricultural, Leadership, and Community Education
- David Smilnak, Agricultural, Leadership, and Community Education
- Sabrina Amorim, School of Animal Sciences
- Barbara Roqueto dos Reis, School of Animal Sciences
- Dhiraj Srivastava, School of Plant and Environmental Sciences
- Jordan Allen, Food Science and Technology